Assam revises nighttime curfew hours, allows cinemas to operate at 50%
Assam Lockdown Latest News Today: As COVID cases continue to decline statewide, the Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) released new SOPs on Tuesday easing COVID19 curfew hours in the state. Under the new guidelines, the nighttime curfew will continue to be in place between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. daily, instead of starting at 10 p.m. earlier.Also Read – No Evidence To Suggest COVID AY.4 Variant Has Higher Infectivity Rate Than Delta: Scientific
Releasing a new set of guidelines following the holiday season, Chief Secretary Jishnu Barua said 31% of the state’s eligible population had been fully vaccinated, while 95% had received their first. dose. “The COVID-19 situation in the state has been reviewed and the overall COVID scenario in the state has further improved,” said the order from the Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA), which is effective immediately. Also Read – Is Assam Government Imposing Lockdown Again? CM Himanta Biswa Sarma purifies the air and makes THIS statement
Here are the latest guidelines: – Read also – Covid-19 update: this hospital will offer free vaccination to children with co-morbidities
- The ASDMA order relaxed at night midnight, which will be from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.,
- The new guidelines reduced the number of people attending weddings to a maximum of 50 single-dose vaccinated people from 200 fully vaccinated people, in the previous order released on October 1.
- 50 people were allowed to attend the funeral procession / last rites.
- In “iconic” religious places, 60 fully vaccinated people were allowed per hour.
- 40 fully vaccinated people will be able to enter other religious centers.
- Movie theaters and auditoriums were allowed to operate at 50 percent of their capacity. In the previous order, everyone who entered an auditorium or movie theater had to be fully immunized, but this clause was removed from the latest guidelines.
COVID-19 case in Assam
The daily workload had been below 300 since October 8 before crossing it on October 19 after a gap of 11 days. However, on Monday, Assam went through 300 infections in a single day, with the state reporting 326 new cases of COVID-19, bringing the total to 6,08915.
After maintaining a five-day streak of more than 300 new cases per day, Assam had reported 139 cases as of Sunday. The positivity rate fell to 0.65% from 0.71% on Sunday, according to the bulletin.